Home : Animal Control

Animal Control Resources

Who to call when your animal is missing:

1.       Animal Control Officer: Kathi Pelnar at (715) 386-7789

2.       Animal Humane Society in Woodbury at (651) 730-6008


Animal control issues

Examples: Dogs running at large & excessive barking

Please contact the town’s Animal Control Officer Kathi Pelnar at (715) 386-7789


Dog Licensing

State law requires all dogs to be licensed annually. Dog License forms can be found under the Forms & Permits section of the website and a hard copy can be obtained at the Town Hall. You must show both proof of a rabies vaccination and pay applicable fees before a license will be issued. Licenses run January 1st – December 31st each year.


Dog License Fee Due by April 1st: $10 if your dog is altered and $20 if your dog is not altered

Dog License Fee Amounts DOUBLE on April 2nd (Late Fee Period): $20 if your dog is altered and $40 if your dog is not altered


New Residents and new Dog Owners have a 30 day grace period before the late fees apply.


Licenses can be obtained by bringing your proof of rabies certificate and applicable fees to the Clerk’s Office, or by sending via US mail to 1337 County Rd V Hudson, WI 54016.

If you have any questions feel free to contact the clerk’s office at (715) 549-6235 or send an email to [email protected] 


Kennel Licenses

Private and Commercial Kennel operators must complete a Kennel application, license the dogs and pay applicable fees.  You can find the kennel application under the Forms & Permits section of the website.  Individuals with four or more dogs MUST apply for a private kennel license.


Animal Reclaiming Fees

First offense: $100 plus actual costs of Animal Control Officer and Woodbury Humane Society.

Any additional offenses during the calendar year:  Double the regular reclaiming fee plus all actual costs.