About the Parks, Trails & Recreation Committee
The Parks, Trails and Recreation Committee meets on:
- The 3rd Wednesday of the month
To provide the citizens of the Town of St. Joseph with a park system for the conservation, preservation, and enjoyment of the natural environment and the recreational facilities provided, following the Town of St. Joseph’s Outdoor Recreation Plan and the Town of St. Joseph’s Comprehensive Plan.
- Citizen Member 1
- Citizen Member 2
- Citizen Member 3
- Citizen Member 4
- Town Board Member
- Town Board Member Alternate
The goals of the committee are to:
- To annually review and recommend to the Town Board changes and updates to the Town of St. Joseph’s Comprehensive Plan as Needs assessments and maintenance dictates.
- To annually review and recommend to the Town Board changes and updates to the Town of St. Joseph’s Outdoor Recreation Plan (ORP) as needs assessments dictate.
- To develop a set of policies, programs, and needs assessment, designed to maximize the operational and financial values of the Town’s park buildings and land. To recommend future needs, purchases of land and/or park buildings to meet the goals.
- To identify and recommend potential maintenance needs such as mowing services, weed control, invasive species eradication, water drainage issues, or any other needs identified pertaining to parks and trails.
- To interface with adjoining communities, such as the Town of Somerset, the Town of Richmond, the Town of Hudson, and the Village of North Hudson, for the purpose of understanding the connectivity of trails within the Town of St. Joseph to those communities.
- To interface with St. Croix County Parks and Recreation Department and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR) as it pertains to Parks and Trails within the town of St. Joseph.
- To inventory the Town’s park buildings and lands, uses of, and deficiencies and strengths.
- To maintain existing ball field, restrooms, picnic and playground facilities, to ensure a quality experience for our residents.
- To plan for future park development, both active and passive, through identification of land parcels suitable for specific recreational needs.
- To survey the residents of the Town of St. Joseph to determine the wishes and desires for future park and trail requirements.
Interested in Serving on the Parks, Trails & Recreation Committee?
Send a Letter of Interest to email@example.com
The Parks, Trails and Recreation Committee was established by Resolution 2013-08 on November 14, 2013
Tue, Oct 4
Wed, Oct 5
Sat, Oct 8
Tue, Oct 11
Thu, Oct 13
Wed, Oct 19
Mon, Oct 24
Tue, Oct 25
Tue, Oct 25
Wed, Oct 26