- Plan Commission, Board of Appeals and Town Committees
- Public Works Committee Charter
About the Public Works Committee
The Public Works Committee meets on:
- The first Tuesday of the month
- Additonal meetings may also occur
To provide the Town Board of the Town of St Joseph with advice regarding the infrastructure of the Town including the maintenance of roads, sidewalks, streetlights, storm drains, road signage, and public works vehicles to protect the safety, health, welfare, and the infrastructure investment of the Town residents, businesses, and visitors. To provide quality service recommendations, within available resources and budgets, to the Town Board in a timely and efficient manner. To monitor and advise the Town Board on the quality of work being performed by chosen contractors/employees.
The Public Works Committee is comprised of five members of the community, including one elected Town Board member.
- Citizen Member 1
- Citizen Member 2
- Citizen Member 3
- Citizen Member 4
- Town Board Member
- Citizen Member
- Town Board Member
- To identify ways to gather additional road traffic information to prioritize repair needs
- To recommend long term planning in regard to rehabilitation or reconstruction of roads
- To identify and recommend potential maintenance needs for roads by inspecting each and every road at least twice annually, specifically in the spring and fall.
- To review monthly specific topics relating to Local Roads (Transportation Information Center of UW-Madison)
- To recommend ongoing road maintenance needs as they are identified.
- To recommend seal-coating and crack-sealing needs through the inspection of roads as identified in the long range plans.
- To recommend Road Restriction dates.
- To create a Sign Inventory Plan following State Statutes, requirements, and guidelines.
- To recommend replacement and/or new sign requirements.
- To recommend a plan for mowing services and equipment, weed control, invasive species eradication, water drainage issues, or any other needs identified as pertains to roads, easements, ditches, culverts, and right of ways.
- To recommend future road development by being actively involved with service providers and contractors.
- To keep abreast of the latest trends by attending workshops pertaining to Public Works.
- To interface with the residents through personal contact with regards to public works complaints.
- To annually review the Town of St. Joseph's Comprehensive Plan and recommend to the Town Board changes and updates, as needed, to the plan as it pertains to Public Works.
Interested in Serving on the Public Works Committee?
Send a Letter of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Public Works Committee was established by Resolution 2013-05 , June 27, 2013